Lat: 57.865272, Lon: 24.359455
Veide Castle was built in 1902. It was built by a ship owner and captain Mārtiņš Veide -representative of the most influential family of Ainaži town at that time. The building today is one of the most visible in Ainaži.
Veide castle was the property of the richest family at that time.The Veide family once owned several ships and was very wealthy.During World War II, Juris Veide and all his ships perished.Juris had a son and two daughters.The son became an architect.
The façade of Veide castle has suffered greatly by ravages of time, with the exception of a fire tower, a lighthouse and the Church of St. Arsenia, a wooden house richly decorated with wood carvings and columns is the highest in Ainaži and is recognized as part of European cultural heritage.
Phone number: +371 26414207