Phone number: + 371 26463025
Ortodox Congregation began to function in Ainaži in 1889. There always have been few representatives of Russian nationality in Ainaži town. But a long time ago the Russian tsar promised to give land to those people who would accept ortodox religion. And so many latvians and estonians became the members of ortodox church.
In 1894 to 1895 the congregation was so wealthy that in a very
short time it built this lovely church. The church parish was very
active during the years of independent Latvia. The activities of
the church were stopped during the years of soviet occupation from
1958. The regalia of the church were kept in Salacgriva ortodox
congregation. During the 2nd World War the church lost its bell. It
was removed and melted down to make gun shots for the needs of
The congregation regained its church in 1995. The inside of the church was restored and the altar, which was completely destroyed, was reconstructed, the regalia were brought back from Salacgriva.
The church is built in 1894 - 1895. Its activity was interrupted during the years of soviet occupation in 1958. The congregation retrieved its church in 1995.
Built in 1873, architect R. Pflūgs. He is also the author of Birth of Christ Ortodox Cathedral in Riga.
In 1777 a wooden church was started to build. In 1857 it was finished maintaining the roof of the old church, the walls were built anew under the old roof. Altar piece ''Ascension of the Christ was painted in 1847 by the apothecary of Limbaži K. Gelhārs. The walls of the church are decorated with the reliefs made by sculptor Gustavs Šķilters. The pulpit and part of the benches has been maintained since the 2nd half of the 18th century.
Built in 1997 (architect D. Straubegs, long-term mayor of Salacgrīva). The altar cross with Christ statue is made by the sculptor Jānis Bārda. Wall mosaics "Maria Goreti" and "Vaclav Bridge"are the works of Mairita Folkmane.
Liepupe (Pernigele) Church is built in the period from 1777 till 1783. The church is extraordinary with its peculiar location of bell tower - on the side. Therefore the altar is not at the edge of the church, but in the centre. The pulpit is above the altar, and the pastor during the service stands in the middle of congregation. Church bell was moulded already in 1634, but the organ was obtained in 1834. On November 29th, 1971 there was a fire in the church. Baroque style church equipment, organ and archive were burnt. In 1989 the renovation was started. On May 22nd, 1999 restored church was sanctified.